Monday 6 October 2008

Garden Fair

Last weekend we went along to a lifestyle and plant fair at a nearby castle that has just been donated to the province of Antwerp. I do hope this means it will be well maintained and the public can enjoy it. There are SO many incredible castles in Belgium but a large proportion are privately owned, turned into hotels or apartments and hidden away behind tall hedges. So it was a treat to see this. I loved the sculpture of the ducks and there were some bird of prey demos and look at that wee little ferret in the bird handlers bag :) I'll be working on some new bears soon, in the meantime I have been busy packaging some of my bears (Dylan, Baby Jacob and a commission bear) off to their new homes. I always feel a little sad saying good bye to these bears I put so much of myself into bringing them to life, but I know they will bring happiness to their new Mums. Thanks for stopping by. Chat again soon, Hugs, Catherine x




6 comments:

Tracy said...

What a fantastic event! Love that castle...Thanks for sharing your great photos, Catherine. Glad you had a lovely weekend :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Looks like a lovely weekend. What a great pic of the ferret handbag accessory! Every girl should have one!

Draffin Bears said...

I love the ducks and the little ferret peeking out from the bag ~ so cute.

Hugs
Carolyn

Pauline said...

Looks like a fab day out Catherine. We are fans of looking around such places too and sometimes like to go on holiday to the ones that have been turned into hotels, such luxurious surroundings.

Pauline

bunzi said...

such lovely pictures again! :D what is that in the purse? :D

Ginie-Lee said...

What a beautiful castle, looks like you had a great time. I like the ducks!