Saturday 28 July 2012

A little piece of England for you

I've been away for a few weeks back home in the UK and spent some lovely time in The New Forest, known for it's thatched cottages and wild ponies, my kind of place!  I took plenty of photos to be able to share with you all.  One of my favourite visits was Furzey Gardens, recent Chelsea Flower Show Gold Medal Winners .  Lots more photos to share soon after my very exciting Launch Party next Thursday, that you can read about at the bottom of this post!






 Loved this cat, next to his Chelsea Pensioner Scarecrow!



 Little Fairy Doors were all over the gardens to see for those that believed!




I have been working very hard on a brand new range of Duckling and Lily inspired illustrations!  I would love to invite each and every one of you to my Little Duckling Launch Party I'm hosting in my Garden and right here on my Blog next Thursday August 2nd, all day long.  There will be lots of new friends to meet amongst the flowers, products to delight in and plenty of Cake for all!  I'm so excited to see you all back here, do invite your friends and family to join in the fun, the more the merrier!



11 comments:

Kirk said...

I do *so love* your blog - the pictures are a little piece of heaven to me. And I admit I'm a little bit jealous of your talent in drawing such positively adorable little fellows! Do please keep on inspiring us with your work! :)

Kristin_Texas said...

What a sweet cottage! I've always wanted to live in something like that. The houses built today just don't have that charming character anymore. These cottages always have pretty gardens, too.

By the way, I love the "Bunny and her Teacups" embroidery pictured in your sidebar. It really is too sweet for words. Happy Saturday!

Kristin

Georgianna said...

How wonderful, Catherine! Thank you for all the photos – that first one is a classic.

And very much looking forward to your Duckling release.

Have a great weekend!

xo

Vicki Boster said...

Catherine- your photos are incredible--- such beautiful scenery!! Gorgeous flowers!!

I love your newest little duckling-- so precious!!
Vicki

June said...

The photos are beautiful Catherine. I am so in love with the UK and everything about it. I want to live in a tiny thatched cottage someday : )

I know your new line will be a BIG hit. I will stop in for the party.
hugs...

Monica said...

I was thinking of you!!!! So glad you are back, can't wait to see/hear more! And looking forward to your release.
Hugs!
xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

ABSOLUTELY ENCHANTING!!! I too am working on some illustrations, but I work mostly in paper sculpting, and enjoying it! It is so nice to see that you came by! I so admire your work. ENJOY!!! Anita

Kayzy said...

Beautiful photos - thanks so much for sharing them. I look forward to seeing your duck illustrations - wish I could come to the party!

...Nina Nixon... said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous little duckies - I can't wait to see the official unveiling.

Nina x

Tracy said...

LOVED this taste of England, Catherine! It has me missing the UK so much...*swoon*... Glad you had some good time away "back home." :o) VERY FUN your new duckling range--too cute! Happy Summer Days ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

so cute and adorable.


Angela