Saturday 4 April 2009

Chasing the Sun!

With a good weather forecast last week my fiance and I decided to go and find the sun on the coast in France. A few days filled with relaxing walks, fresh sea air and sunshine :) We first went to the city of Lille, just over the border from Belgium. It's full of amazing architecture and lovely little streets with antique and design shops. There was an art display on the streets of HUGE black statues of baby's like dragons (photos of these coming up soon)!





After Lille we went further to the Coast - Cap Griz Nez and Cap Blanc Nez, beautiful limestone cliffs and golden pristine beaches. I'll share more photos of the shops in Lille and the coast throughout the coming week, so pop back to chase the sun with me :) Today is the Grand National Horse Race, it is a family tradition that we follow this, choosing our favourite horses, so I'm off to decide which is my fave, I can never decide! Beary Hugs, Catherine x

3 comments:

The Victorian Parlor said...

The pictures are beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest! Thanks for taking me to another place I have yet to visit:)

Tracy said...

Looks like a taste of heaven...oh lucky you! It is so lovely there...so enjoyed seeing your photos, Catherine, and so glad you had a lovely time away. Enjoy the weekend settling in home again. Oh, and thanks so much for your great cheer and support at my place...I'm excited about the new things happening just now! :o) ((HUGS))

CherryPie said...

I visited Lille last November, it is a lovely place :-)