Monday 17 August 2009

Lemons and Teapots!

After a sunny weekend I've been encouraged to start on a new Bear using the most luxuriously gorgeous wavey soft mohair (you can tell I like it!) in a sweet lemon yellow. His pattern has just been cut out and I'm excited to bring him to life. I have also been doing lots of drawing, I have so many ideas for illustrations swimming around in my imagination I have to remind myself to focus on some rather than a bit of all of them! I'm having to politely say to my characters, one at a time please ;-) I am currently working on some new sets of Art including some inspired by the Wee Bunnies I brought to life a while back, think High Tea with the prettiest china! So lots to look forward to revealing!

In the meantime here are some more photos from my holiday in Scotland, this area was near Glen Coe, an amazing valley. Our hotel was right on a Loch side, with our room's balcony looking out over the water with beautiful sunsets. I hope you enjoy a glimpse into these happy moments.








Hugs, Catherine x

8 comments:

Amy said...

Lovely! I want a holiday in Scotland. I can't wait to see your new bear!

Tracy said...

Must see Scotland one day...just have too! These images are breathtaking, Catherine... It's like being right there...*sigh*... Very excited about all your new creations you've got brewing, can't wait to see! Happy week, my friend ((HUGS))

Monica said...

Oh Catherine! You brought to my mind such happy memories of all my Scottish holidays!
Thank you!
Love Love your photographs!
Hugs,
Monicax.

The Victorian Parlor said...

How beautiful! It all looks so tranquil:).

I am excited about the new bear-can't wait to see it!

Blessings,

Kim

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Beautiful! I would love to travel and see what you saw! AWESOME!

peterbear said...

Beautiful photos, Catherine; they bring back some good memories for me as well. Oh how I wish I was there right now .....
Hugs,
Peter, Lewis & Bailey

To said...

Thanks. Taking picture number two and use it as my background (maybe). :)

Keep up the good work.

Jackie @ Lilolu said...

These photographs are just beautiful! I'd love to visit there someday.