Monday 25 January 2010

Even on the greyest of days

.. there is hope! Just this morning despite the cold I went out into my garden to clear some of the zillion fallen leaves. As I gradually cleared some of the flower beds to my delight I uncovered many little shoots of spring bulbs starting to venture out! It never fails to give me a thrill, Spring is on the way! Despite it just starting to snow a little again! Come back on Wednesday when I will be taking part in Simple Things. It is being run by the lovely Christina who will also be donating $1 for each person joining in to Doctors without Borders to help Haiti. In the meantime enjoy these little images of hope! Hugs, Catherine x

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Ooh am all excited because your post came directly into my inbox - have been doing some technical tweaking!

Lovely to see the green shoots... I love it when the earth starts to come alive. Such resilience. Such hope. Spring just around the corner.

Love Charlotte
xx

Susie's country cottage said...

I love to see bulbs coming through. It makes me realise that spring is only just around the corner. I will check back on Wednesday to take part in Simple Things.
Susie

Tracy said...

What pleasure these green shoots gives to my winter-sore eyes, Catherine... so lovely, so inspiring! I've known Christina a while now, and I'll be joining in on Wednesday's even too. See you there! :o) Happy Week, my friend ((HUGS))

Monica said...

Oh what a fabulous re-awakening, Catherine! I'm pretty tired of cold and winter, this morning it was snowing again :(( My bulbs are not visible yet.
Hugs,
Monicax.

Cottage Rose said...

Oh how exciting to see those little green babies popping up from their winter sleep... even the days are longer,,, yeahhh. have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

hanmade said...

oh what a lovely sight to see spring shoots coming up in your garden already! can't wait for the sweet smell of spring to arrive! han x