Tuesday 31 January 2012

I ♥ Moon Bears Fundraising

Phew I don't know where this month has gone, it has been my most successful month ever, hitting over 700 sales in my Etsy Shop.  I can't thank all my customers enough for their support, hearing how much pleasure my creations bring to you really spurs me on day by day.

It is at times like this that I like to share my success with those that need help, so I would like to introduce you to the beautiful Moon Bears that the organisation Animals Asia are doing everything they can to stop Bear Pile Farms & rescue these beautiful Bears across Asia and give them a happy, fear free life where they can learn to be playful Bears again.  At the bottom of this post are details of my I  ♥ Moon Bears Fundraising Event and some beary special prices for my Bumpkin Bears!

Many of you will know of them, I do not want to upset anyone showing images of the cages and conditions these Bears are kept in in the Bear Pile Farms but here is an excerpt written by their founder Jill Robinson
"In countries across Asia, thousands of bears live a life of torture on bear farms, so that their bile can be extracted and used in traditional medicine to cure ailments ranging from headaches to haemorrhoids. Bears are confined in cages which vary from agonisingly tiny "crush" cages to larger pens, all of which cause terrible physical and mental suffering. "


You can follow the videos of a successful recent rescue of 14 Bears from Vietnam here 
Just look at how happy these Bears look now in the Sanctuary, this is Banjo and Sausage! 





So with Valentine's Day on the horizon I wanted to show my love for these special Bears and will be donating 25% of the adoption fees of my Bumpkin Bears,  Romeo ("Loves Life", a feeling that the Sanctuary Bears finally have) and Callum (meaning "Peace" which I dream of for all the Moon Bears).  So if you would like to adopt either of these Bears and bring them into your life and at the same time help the Moon Bears just take a look below -

Frustratingly for the last 14 days I have not had any access to my website with nothing that even resembles customer service from my Hosting Company!  Many can see my website fine, and many can not :(  I am not able to update anything (so sorry for Christmas still on there!).    For this special "I  ♥ Moon Bears"  fundraising event I will put all the details right here for you all to keep it simple -


Callum is a Baby Bear so a little shy.  His Celtic name means Dove, and as the symbol of Peace it fits him just perfectly.  As peaceful as  Callum is he does have a sparkle of mischief in his gorgeous eyes!  His fur is a fabulous wavey, silky soft top quality Schulte Mohair in a delightful blonde gold.  
He is a one of a kind, 15" Bumpkin Bear.  Callum has the cutest sculpted toes on all his velvet soft cashmere paws. He is 5 way cotterpin jointed and is filled with polyfill with a good helping of plastic pellets in his body and ankles.  He has a hand embroidered nose and little smile that lets you know he will be your soul mate, there for a cuddle & listening ear whenever you need him.  





Available for Adoption - Special I  ♥ Moon Bears Price 125 euros (normally 190 euros) plus 15 euros to Europe/20 euros to USA, Australia & rest of world, (layaway available). I will donate 25% of his Adoption directly to Animals Asia.
Contact me at catherine@bumpkinbears.com if you would like to adopt Callum and help the Moon Bears.
Romeo is a Hopeless Romantic, happy to sit all day snuggled under a blanket reading Poetry with you!  He especially loves Shakespeare's Sonnets so I made him his rather smart Shakespearian collar from vintage ivory coloured lace (removeable with a little clasp).  He has a special tenderness about him and you can see how much love he has to give in his kind eyes.  His fur is gorgeously cosy and soft, top of the line Schulte Alpaca in a special chocolate shade. 
He is a one of a kind, 17" Bumpkin Bear.  Romeo has the cutest sculpted toes on all his velvet soft cashmere paws. He is 5 way cotterpin jointed and is filled with polyfill with a good helping of plastic pellets in his body and ankles.His loving eyes are quality topaz glass with soulful white accents.  He has a hand embroidered nose and will be your best friend for life.   



Available for Adoption - Special I  ♥ Moon Bears Price 125 euros (normally 190 euros) plus 15 euros to Europe/20 euros to USA, Australia & rest of world,  (layaway available). I will donate 25% of his Adoption directly to Animals Asia.
Contact me at catherine@bumpkinbears.com if you would like to adopt Romeo and help the Moon Bears.

If you have any questions feel free to send me an email, I'm always happy to chat. Thanks for stopping by.
Bear Hugs
Catherine
x
(p.s sorry about the text all different sizes Blogger is playing up!)







6 comments:

Tracy said...

BIG CONGRATS on all your success, Catherine--so happy for you! And love what you're doing with this new project... very exciting & giving--love that! :o) ((HUGS))

Charlotte said...

I had not heard about this... God this world is filled with tragic things... Well done Catherine for raising awareness and hopefully some cash too.
xx

Vicki Boster said...

Catherine--
Congrats on your amazing etsy sales. 700 sales is certainly an achievement!

Your sweet bears are so adorable-- I'm sure they will travel to loving homes soon. ( I have a link to your blog on my sidebar- maybe it will help to find them a home!)

Interesting reading about the bear charity- they need support as well- a very good cause!

I hope you are having a nice winter--

xo
Vicki

Carrie said...

How CUTE are Banjo and Sausage?!? Ohmigosh. Moon Bears sounds like an amazing organization... thanks so much for sharing (I could hang out on their website for hours just looking at adorable happy bear pictures). Sorry your hosting company dropped the ball :( My husband works for one and I know how awful it is to be offline... for FOURTEEN days?!?! That's UNHEARD of. Blech. Hope you switched!! Glad you are doing well on etsy... yay :)

Cathy said...

Your bears are very cute! That's so sweet of you to be fundraising for the Moon Bears.

Unknown said...

This was an excellent post and was very insightful.

start a fundraiser on www.rallyhero.com
Fundraiser