Tuesday, 4 December 2007

Busy times..


Well, it was quite a weekend, I became an Aunty for the first time! My sister in law and brother had a lovely little baby girl.

I have also finished my very first ever red Bumpkin Bear. Nicolas is a one of a kind 16.5" fella with a warm heart and fun loving festive spirit. He was adopted within minutes of being placed on my website and is a very happy boy knowing that he has a special new Mum in America.

Right now I'm busy doing homework for my Dutch evening class that I'm following. It is funny after a few years of living here in Belgium that my brain thinks in Dutch sometimes and I even find myself talking Dutch to English speaking people by mistake!! Much to my embarrasment I do not even always realise until I see their puzzled faces :) I also have a few commission bears to design so had better carry on. Take care everyone, Catherine x

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your new, lovely niece! Many happy wishes to you & your family. Nicholas such a wonderful bear--I love his sweet expression--those eyes speak! I know what you mean about languages...Having lived in Norway some years now, I think a lot in Norwegian, and of course, speak it a lot...even by "mistake" to English-speaking folks. My husband & I speak half and half, half Enlgish, half Norwegain--or Norlish as we call it--LOL! We take care to use both languages. I love languages though, and would love to learn Italian and Japanese...maybe some day! Happy week to you ((HUGS))

pescbrico said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog :)

SweetAnnee said...

Congrats on being an aunt!! and a baby girl..Hope you get to hold her soon

Love your new bear!!

I just speak english..and sometimes folks still
look at me funny when I talk..LOL
many smiles, Deena

Sarah said...

Congrats on becoming an Aunt! I'm an Auntie seven times over and two of them are older than me! Mum had me at 43!!
I love your red bear, he's my favourite of all of yours yet.
Enjoy being an Auntie.
Hugs, Sarah x

Bumpkin Bears said...

thanks everyone, you made me laugh Tracy - my fiance and I speak Dutchlish ;) Deena, I know the feeling :) Wow Sarah, 7 times an Aunty! Hugs, Catherine x

Kim Basta, Wild Thyme Originals said...

Love your little Nicholas... gorgeous red mohair! Okay... I've tagged you! You have to visit my blog to read the "Tag rules." If you're like me, you'll have a heck of a time figuring out how to do it, but I guess that's part of the "fun."