Friday 4 April 2008

Lamykins!


I wonder if any of you got taken in by an April Fool's joke?! Well, I did by BBC TV!! They showed a very small documentary, amazingly filmed (so I thought!) of a colony of penguins they had discovered that FLEW!! Well they got me totally, I excitedly told my fiance about it that evening!! Well the next day I found out it was all done with computer graphics, how convincing can that be!! Silly me (blush blush!).

Cherry Blossom has been adopted by a wonderful new mum in the States and I am busy finishing another chap, trying out a new chubby tummy design so stay tuned!

I just ADORE lambs, growing up I would spend every Easter break with my Granny in the English countryside helping at the next door farm with their lambing season. Despite being quite squemish about blood etc I helped quite a few lambs being born, and any that were rejected I hand raised with the bottle. I loved feeding these little sweeties and always gave each one a name. So you can imagine my delight when I saw that the sheep in the field behind our garden had little lambs, they are too cute as you can see in the photo :)

Enjoy your weekend when it arrives, Hugs, Catherine x

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Those lambs are sooo sweet! Happy weekend, my friend ((HUGS))

Sarah said...

I'd probably have believed it too Catherine, so don't feel too badly!

Must have been wonderful, helping those little lambs into the world. My niece does the same thing, but with cows!

Hugs, Sarah x

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Ohhhh. . . those baby lambs are so sweet! Mother nature certainly does now how to make cute babies.

The local news here (Ontario, Canada) played an April fools joke. They said if you were unhappy with the city's snow removal to date, you could mail in a sample of snow to City Hall and complain. Many people left recorded messages about the idea (snow would melt in the mail etc etc). It was funny to listen to the recordings on the news.

Have a great weeekend! Karen.

Wendster said...

What a wonderful sight!!! Those lambs are precious. And how fun to have been so involved with them as a little girl. An animal lover from the beginning, eh? We didn't have any lambs, but I was always helping with the kittens, and did raise some wild hare babies (jackrabbits) with bottles.

And how on earth did I get so far behind on your blog?! So sorry!

Love the cherry blossom bear.

Hugs!

Wendy

Wendster said...

p.s. I would have been fooled by the "documentary" too. How fun that even the networks get into April Fools.

Rosemary said...

I love your blog and I have tagged you

Unknown said...

I love lambs - aren't they just so cute!! We didn't have lambs on the farm when we were little - Grandpa bred cattle and I have lots of lovely memories of feeding baby calves ..... so I'm quite fond of baby calves too!