Monday 22 March 2010

Step back in time...

On my trip to London a few weeks back I visited Liberty for the first time, thanks to my friend Tracy of Pink Purl saying I must go. It is the most beautiful building with it's stunning beams on the outside, so funny walking along the busy streets of London, taking a side road and there is this building nestled in amongst all the stone architecture. You almost expect to be walking back in time! It is even more fabulous inside, with galleried areas, my favourite department being full of craft supplies!



Driving back out of London I took some shots of the buildings in Kensington, a VERY wealthy area!



I have been busy gradually adding new elements to my Blog, including a new Twitter badge so you can read what I'm up to in between Blog posts. Now I just need to work out how to get my Banner to show at the top, it will not let me at the moment! The daffodils have finally showed their faces in the garden with a few warm days, so I'll share some photos soon. Hugs, Catherine x

9 comments:

Tracy said...

The new look here is so lovely, Catherine--the blog looks great! And must thank you for this virtual trip to Liberty of London--I've been missing that place! It is a landmark of London, of course, and any serious shopper or crafter must go there--LOL! I'm so glad you had fun there. :o) Thank you for the well wishes... for me & our Charlie! Happy Week, my friend ((HUGS))

Susie's country cottage said...

I love Liberty. It is one my favourite shops in London. You have taken some wonderful pictures of the interior and now I'm longing to visit again.
Susie

Hillcrest Cottage said...

I love Liberty of London fabric but have never been to the London store. Thanks for the photos. I will definitely try to make it there next time I am in London.

Willow said...

I had the same reaction when I visited Liberty in London! What an amazing building and even more amazing merchandise. Of coure, my favorite section was the yarn department!

Happy Spring!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Hello Catherine, London is such a grand old city isn't she? I've been to her twice and hope to see her again. Lovely photos. xx

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

I remember the first time I went into Liberty's I was about 12 & very shy but I was so moved I told a shop assistant "I love this shop" Let me know next time you are in London we can grab a coffee
M x

BossLady@sugarandrhubarb said...

I love Liberty!! You should definitely visit around Christmas time again - the central bit always has amazing hanging displays. xx

Monica said...

Hello Catherine,
just wanted to know if you still have problems with the banner... please email me if you need further help!
Hugs,
Monicax.

Georgianna said...

I just adore this store and always go by when I'm in London. Thank you so much for sharing your visit! xo – g