Friday 14 March 2008

Real bears in my living room!


Hi everyone, well my blue bear is nearly finished, I hope to have brought him fully to life today so check back over the next few days :) Inspired by Wendy's comment on my last blog post that she loves real bears I thought I'd share a photo of a large canvas we have on our living room wall. We visited Canada a few years ago and had the most amazing experience of seeing black bears in the wild, including on our last day seeing a mother with her cub. I wrote an article for a teddy magazine about seeing bears in the wild. We had a favourite photo that we took and gave it a sepia tone and slight painterly effect in Photoshop and then had it printed out on a huge canvas. It always reminds me of this wonderful adventure. Has anyone else seen bears in the wild, do share any photos or experiences on your blogs and let me know :) Chat again soon, Catherine x

8 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

You're SO lucky you got to see them in the wild! That's amazing!

Ginie-Lee said...

Hi Catherine I love the photo of the real bears , it must have been an amazing experience!! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog I feel soooo excited about becoming a member of this community! I've somehow ended up with two blogs thru wanting to post comments on blogger so my typepad one may go, anyway thanks for the warm welcome , hugs Ginie-Lee :-)

mushroommeadows said...

Lovely!! I've seen bears in the wild while I was hiking in Yosemite. It was a tab bit scary...actually, it was VERY scary. :) But these bears look perfectly adorable.

Your bumpkin bears are amazing, by the way! Love them. :)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen real live bears before. I like your living room photo. Looking forward to seeing your latest bear.

Paz

Wendster said...

I LOVE that bear photo! WOW! Very nice. I didn't even know you can get things printed on canvas. I learn something new every day.
I HAVE seen bears in the wilderness (I worked in Yellowstone for two summers) but never with a good camera or close enough to get a photo where you would even be able to tell what that little tiny blurry spot was.
The second summer I worked there we had some "bad" bears on the loose who were wreaking havoc ... at several campers! One was from Sweden.
Your bears look perfectly lovely though. Thanks for sharing that photo!
Wendy

Wendster said...

atE ... not AT several campers ... ATE. typos! And the campers were from Sweden. Not the bears. Ha.

Bumpkin Hill said...

Thanks for all leaving your comments, I know what you mean about scarey bears in Yosemite "mushroommeadows" - I too met a bear too close for comfort whilst hiking in Yosemite - talk about legs turning to jelly! I'll have to look out some more photos and add them here soon. YIKES Wendy, those poor campers from Sweden!! Catherine x

Unknown said...

I love bears. I have a very realistic toy bear from Hamley's ... he is very soft and snuggly though - no claws or teeth! We are supposed to have black bears that live in the the towns nature preserve .... we have yet to see one.